My online crafty buddy and co-admin, Robyn, suggested that I make a coffee shop since I was on a roll with Lawn Fawn Scalloped Treat Box die. So I did!!! Super happy with the way it turned out! ❤️
First I die cut out the box with some white cardstock. I then scored on all the lines like i was going to assemble the box, masked off the areas I was going to put paste on and started laying some Heidi Swapp Raspberry Art Screen Ink (aka embossing paste) down using the Small Brick Wall stencil from MFT. I did the front and back of the box first, set it aside and when dried, I did the sides of the box.
While all that was drying, I die cut all the embellishments to decorate the box. I used:
- Lawn Fawn, Winter House Add On dies for the door
- Lawn Fawn, Spring House Add On dies for the windows, flowers & flower boxes, trees, roof
- Lawn Fawn stamp set, Love You a Latte for the little coffee person
- Lawn Fawn stamp set, Village Shops for the coffee cup & sign on the front door
- Taylored Expressions die, Spare Parts for the coffee persons arm (lol)
I assembled everything and am pretty happy with the way it turned out. I love the imperfect details of the brick. It has LOTS of texture for sure. One tip that I have for you is to use a white gel pen to really POP the brick outline. The stencil did not lay completely flat and so some embossing paste smeared onto where it was suppose to be white. After the paste dried, I just took a white gel pen and defined those white lines in between the brick. Not all, but most so that it still has that rustic texture.
That coffee girl was a last minute addition. The door opens and closes… and thought it could use something hanging out or in the doorway… so there she is.. waving hello to you! LOL! ♥ Thanks for visiting my bloggy blog! Hugs- Kim